Monday, May 03, 2004

The Hour of the Wolf, Part 1

They say the Hour of the Wolf is that three to four o'clock in the morning time when you are all alone. Where your fears, regrets and worries seize your mind so you can’t sleep. It is that proverbial hour when you have no one to face but you, yourself and you. No distractions or diversions to fall back on or to hide behind.

Well this morning was one such hour for me. However it was more a mixture of anxiety and excitement rather than fear or regret. Earlier this evening, my friend had introduced me to the joys of blogging. Signing up for the account was easy. A couple of clicks here, there and soon, I was up and posting. This was exciting stuff! No matter how belated. The hard part was filling it with content good enough to think about. Just as blues legend, Robert Cray had once lamented "so many women, so little time", there is just not enough time to write about everything.

So there I was sitting in front of my Mac, scratching the inside of my skull and wondering what to do next. I was already half asleep when the thought of my unattended blog, without form or identity, forced me away from the inviting sheets I was so content to spend the next eight hours with.

Looking at the other blogs featured, I was pressed to call it something meaningful. Being half asleep didn't help at all either. So finally I settled for the title that greets you when you arrive. Unfortunately though, I don't have a clue as to what it really means. It just sounded 'correct' at the time.

Siva, seeing my blog the following morning, promptly posted an announcement at his own. After wishing me luck in attempting to live up to my claim, he promptly skipped town just when I had a million questions to ask. Maybe it was the fallout he was trying to avoid. I don't know. Anway, my questions will greet him when he returns.

So forcing a turn-around, I went back to bed with my alarm primed to ring in less than three hours. Naturally they went quickly. Too quickly in fact. And as I dragged my reluctant body out of bed, the night before could not have been a worse time for bloggis experimentalis. True enough, my day at the office turned out to be a hectic one...

Later that afternoon, Airani called. She had read Siva's announcement and called to ask if that was truely me. Upon affirmation, she promptly drew attention to my four meagre postings. "Weak ah!", she cried! But I knew that she was giving me indirect motivation and the encouragement to open the floodgates of my brain. I guess my tag line about all that banality pouring out on the net, was timely and convenient.

Well I hope they check back often. And come to a better understanding of their friend beyond what he doesn't usually vocalize in words.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 13 May, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, just read this post! What you mean skipped town? I still blogged, okay, whilst away. Didn't know your cover was blown immediately!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home