Friday, June 29, 2007

Up for Grabs!

After watching the Cat in action and ingesting a gut-busting supper at Swenson's, SMRT 61 was just the ride I was waiting for.

Walking towards the bus stop with Otterman and Ladybug, I spied an earlier 61 speeding away. Eyeballing that bus as it sped off didn't raise any concerns with me as I had a hunch that another would be on its way shortly.

True enough, the minutes could not have ticked by any faster before that familiar number appeared over the bend. Another person, who turned out to be waiting for the same bus, had a smile on his face. Perhaps we'll both get home sooner after all.

Excuse me sir, you're on my seat!

There was no one on board. Absolutely no one at all. Even at this hour of the morning, there had been in the past, at least one, or two, or three passengers ghosting the circuit. Now it seemed as if this bus had materialized out of a dimensional warp minus the passengers. Yes, I could have made small talk with the driver to confirm the theory but what I really wanted was a cold shower and my cool bed.

But what of my fellow passenger? He proceeded to change seats three times during the course of my journey. As far as he was concerned, all the seats were up for grabs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home