Friday, June 18, 2004

The Hour of the Wolf, Part 3

Today is payday! And with that, I pay off the final installment of my restructed debt. After coming into the black at the start of the year, it sure feels good to float a budget surplus along with it.

It has always been my fiscal policy to have a sizable surplus stashed aside for a sunny day. With that, I mean having the means to snap up bargains during a fire sale, stock index or fund market dip. It goes without saying that the ultimate ail of all this is to buffer one's retirement, as there is no such thing as having too much money these days. For those who know me, they seem surprised when they learn about what I do with my hard earned cash. And this reaction comes even after they've heard recommendations on what they could also do with theirs.

Anyway back a year and a half, I remember their pressing concern about an indiscretion I had found myself involved with. Since then, they have watched the whole saga play itself out. And I had never really thanked them, in so many words, for their advice and support.

For those who were privy to that entire travesty, I want you all to know that you have been bloody marvelous! And though I was supposed to have visited some of you this month, you know the reasons for me putting these plans on hold for now. Sitting here as I type this, I recall Scott's words to me when I had announced that I was a free man: "Here's to taking out the thrash, bro!"

Well mate, I couldn't have said it better myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home