Sunday, November 07, 2004

I, Depressed

With Claire many miles away by now, I spent the remaining day cleaning the house and weeding the garden. Suddenly, I was enveloped by that all familiar silence as I pottered around.

How about some Bach? No, I thought. This kind of solitude is a rare commodity and should be indulged. These two weeks were spent on the move, eating, drinking and in and around people. So better to relish it and stock up before selling crazy back in the office.

Wonderful is the fact that I didn’t even think about work, no doubt that we will be entering the busiest phase with the end of the semester. There will be tons of email waiting for me, plenty of rabid people to put down and not to mention task force meetings and what-have-you.

The orchestra is scheduled to perform in New York in the first quarter Two Thousand and Five. Jon and I had discussed our plans briefly and it should be a good time for another quick get-away. Ivetta will be performing with them as well. But for now, it isn’t certain if Scott or Martin will be there. It would be a great chance for a reunion of sorts. However that's in the future and it will be another five months before Claire and I will see each other again. But next time round, it’ll be her turn to show me the sights of New York.

Back to the present, wishing that we could just have another week, she sooths that the months will pass quickly enough. Sigh... Why can't we have just one more week?! That's wishful thinking, boy.

With another forty-eight hours to go, my depression will begin very shortly.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, 10 November, 2004, Blogger Monkey said...

ah depression aside... you'd prolly not wanna hear this but...

WELCOME BACK!!!! ahha u're baaaack :P

 
At Wednesday, 10 November, 2004, Blogger Monkey said...

btw months DO pass very fast :|
i've been counting the months for 3 years
i think i might finally counter the months at the end of this crazy november

 

Post a Comment

<< Home