Saturday, July 07, 2007

Fresh off the Plane

Stepping on Chinese soil at 6.00 AM in the morning was an impact lost to me. I've stepped off at so many airports and ridden on so many airport buses that, changing the faces of people around would not make any difference what so ever.

But it is my first trip to China, the first of many I've determined, and to see the country for myself is a realization of a plan hatched two months ago with my partner. Her flight arrived three hours later as I snoozed at Starbucks in the Arrival Hall.

After settling our accommodation at the Beijing New World Apartments, it was off to an early lunch and a raid on the supermarket for yogurt and fruits.

More importantly, the tap water isn't to be drunk and using our international roaming SIM cards isn't economical. What were we to do?
Two sets of SIM and phone cards for local calls.

By week's end, we had consumed twelve four-litre bottles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home