Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The Aftermath

Well the holiday is over. As we look through the wreckage of our credit card bills online, it was as if a bomb had gone off. The decimal point seems further away from the dollar sign than normally is the case.

Claire basically received a thirty percent discount to the dollar while poor me had to cough up an additional twenty five. But playing host to the greatest city in the greatest country on earth, I was going to be generous. After all, I was indirectly selling the city I call home. And if she decides to relocate on an opportunity, that would be perfect. Good thing is that I had a surplus leftover. So things aren't that bad.

The single most expensive item we paid for was the IndianPacific train ride. Yarra Valley came next. Shoes third. But it was the bills for dining and what-have-you that added up the total. In addition, my plane ticket wasn't paid for. Though Makybe Diva had been a win at Flemington, she was just one zero off the mark that could have paid for the whole adventure.

So choosing to structure the outstanding bill, all will be paid off in a couple of months. In doing so, I will not have to dig into my savings and keep my monthly savings schedule on track in the months to come. Claire had since settled it all in one go. Rich little girl that she is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home