Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Run for your Life: The Marathon Man

With the Singapore Marathon less than three weeks away, I've been piling on the milage in the run-up to the big day.

Unfortunately I did not run a mile when I was at home. My shoes, which came along for the ride, didn't earn their keep.

So what to do after spending fourteen days eating, drinking, sleeping and travelling? I've implimented ten-kilometer runs during the weekdays and two-hour runs on the weekends.

From now till Friday, Third December, I will have a chance if I take my daily runs up to twenty kilometers.

The worst case scenerio is that I opt down to the half-marathon category on race day.

But half measures don't seem satisfying at all. I'm determined to make this my second marathon in Singapore. So regardless, I will plod all the way to the finish line if I have to.

Apart from that, is there anything else that will go the distance for a marathon man?

None whatsoever.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, 27 November, 2004, Blogger The Lonely Runner said...

All the best for your marathon! I am sure you can do it!

The Lonely Runner
http://thelonelyrunner.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home