Friday, April 06, 2007

Only in May

Toting my trusty SonyEricsson (SE) K750i for the last two years, just what would SE would have up their sleeves after the launch of their successful and year-old K800i? I'd admit that I wasn't too thrilled about the protruding lens cover for their 3.2MP Cybershot camera. But the direction in which SE were heading kept me waiting for a new version to be launched.

Lost some weight, honey? Oh, I like your buttons too!

So along comes the K810i, the Revision B of the Nokia-killing K800i. From the photos, you can see that the bulky camera lens cover has been reduced. Throw in a new keypad with the slimmer profile, the specifications for both phones are exactly the same. On paper at least.

GSM Arena has a comprehensive review of the phone. Though it is a beta test unit, GSM Arena claims that the K810i has a better handle on the macro-shot functions and is more responsive when performing multi-task functions. The delayed news is that the new phone will only be available in May, though I'm told that there are export sets available now.

Software plays a significant part in the way these phones operate. So I've no doubt that a software upgrade on a K800i, should I decide to buy one on the cheap, will bring it up to par with a K810i. Looking at the sleek profile of the K810i, there's no doubt in my mind which phone I'd buy.

In the grapevine still, are claims of the up-coming K850i, spotting a 5 MP camera! That should keep cellphone users like myself content until Apple releases its iPhone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home