Friday, April 06, 2007

Out with the Old. In with the New.

Popping by Queensway earlier this afternoon, I shelled out nineteen thousand and five hundred cents. Walking out of Sports 2000, I came away with another pair of Nike running shoes.

My old pair of Nike Shox 2.45s have lost their spritely springs. Running them into the ground after a year, they are passed the seven-month replacement interval. The reason why they've stayed with me this long is because I was then pursuing other activities and keeping my running on the back burner.

Time to make soup with this?

So today effectively marks my second week of intensive running as my old faithfuls have run out of steam. Even though they look decent still, as I take care of my running shoes and don't use them for anything else, their shock absorbency and responsiveness has deteriorated significantly.

Looking at the overflowing shoe racks earlier, there is only one brand that I pick for the ride. And from the Air Max, Air Pegasus, Air Triax, Air Structure and recent Nike Free choices, the Nike Shox will take my fancy any day.

Let's use some tenderizer.

Built for efficient runners, they have adequate stability and good cushioning. But the one thing that I love about the Shox is their spritely responsiveness. These babies turn tight corners and they are nails to the rails compared to some of the other celebrated shoes out there.

This purchase marks my sixth pair of Shox and given that they are the seventh generation incarnates, they'll blaze the trail when I unleash them tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home