Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Ruffie the Desolate

A chat buddy and budding briskwalker sent me this post about Ruffie, her favorite stuffed-toy and squeeze.

Ruffie has not been getting his share of cuddles lately and is feeling somewhat neglected. Is she too busy with work or just too distracted by other things? Poor Ruffie sounds as melancholiac as he smells mouldy. He needs a good bath, girl!

When he's not busy writing about the world, you can find Ruffie at swimming complexes observing humans as they jump into, wade around and lap in man-made holes. Read his story and hear him roar like the cute and cuddly bear he is:

"Tis the season to be mouldy...

Fa lalalala...lalalala...

Yes, tis the rainy season again. Thru months of being groped around by sweaty, smelly and unwashed human contact fresh from of work, has taken its toll on the fur bag. Bacteria, mould etc has manifested themselves in the once glowing, smooth and glossy pride and joy that defines me as a being. But now, this pride of mine has been reduced to a dull mop, a stale carpet found in a desolated nightclub. Alas, there is no sun as tis the monsoon season. Thus, I'm banished to a corner of the room where my stench does not permeate the dwelling of my keeper. Tis the fate of a loyal and uncomplaining playmate now soiled because of its keeper's neglect. Now abandoned, I seek redress which I know is impossible. The only vessel in which I can turn to for solace is a digital realm. A traditional relic seeking refuge in the new technology which would replace it one day.

Ah... life, I experience you.

Ruffie the Desolate"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home