Tuesday, April 18, 2006

No Deal

No, it ain't gonna happen.

A was relieved when she read that. She's convinced I'll be saving myself from heartache and trouble.

K, always the optimist and the pragmatist added: "She's not the only one. There are plenty of other women out there."

And J, when I finally told her about it, exclaimed: "My God, have you lost your mind?"

Yes, my dear ladies. I realize the folly at hand. And as punishment for my temporary insanity, I shall treat myself to a good lunch with friends this weekend.

What caused the change of heart, you ask? Do I need a reason, say I?

Who is she? I'll never tell.

I saw our mystery girl again during lunch today. In between mouthfuls of food and conversation with K, who kept turning back to see if she could be spotted, I realized that it wasn't our mystery girl's persona that caused the tail spin. But rather something more fundamental that I've carried with me all this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home